5.23.2007

the rebirth and life of a blog

they say that everything must die in order to be reborn. well, i that is certainly so for this blog. slumbering for nearly two years, it appears that i have awaken ready to go at it once again.

i have decided to reinvent my blog a bit. a new look. a new focus. and a few new features. i'll get to those in a minute. but first, i owe this rebirth to another trip to asia. as most of you know, this blog was originally born out of a round-the-world trip in 2005. so it seems fitting that my coming 18 month odyssey to china, india and tibet should be chronicled as well. however, you should also know that i struggled to post consistently the last go around. so bear with me as i get into the flow of regular posting.

now, the features, and i do think you will like a few of them. besides posting my random thoughts and imaginations, i will regularly cover the following topics:

- reviews of airports and train stations throughout asia (and some from other parts of the world as well)

- video, music, and photo focused posts

- mixes of the music that carry me through my travels and travails

- finally, i am going to attempt post mp3's of my random thoughts on culture and religion

wow, that seems awfully ambitious for someone who's never really blogged before, but this is a new time in life. i can do it.

so, welcome to my world. i hope you enjoy. i hope i enjoy.

No comments: