6.08.2007

hong kong


i tell you, hong kong is at one time amazing and repulsive. it's something about the pulsating commercial districts that spread over miles and miles, the opulence, the glitz and glamour of asia's first city, and the hawking of all things real and fake on every corner.

i am glad to be leaving here tomorrow. though i am not glad to be embarking on more than 30 hours of travel, all by train. i enjoy train travel, but i only just finished flying from hawaii.

strangely, too, i have found myself looking for that rooted feeling. for order and habit. for normalcy. for the same people for more than a few days. for people that share my hope. but alas, that will build in due time in xining. but moreso than at any other time, i feel ready for the changes and the difficultiues coming. my heart is set upon His face, and that makes me know it is well with me. some internal fortitude takes me over when my flesh is weak. praise His name that it is so.

still, more pictures are coming. hold tight and you will be rewarded in a few days.

3 comments:

shapes stars make said...

if you took that picture, i am very impressed. even if you didn't take it, i am impressed with you.

as i am sitting here thinking and praying for you, i vividly hear the words "RUN, I AM HERE." Hopefully, you will find encouragement in this.

you are rooted here...and will soon be there also.

Kay said...

I am also impressed with you...for your courage to follow God in a faw away land. May be give you deep roots that take hold quickly in your new home. Love, Mom

jc said...

many share your hope. i share your hope. you will do well.