9.22.2008

annapurna cicuit day 1

day 1 began with a 7 hour long bus ride from kathmandu. along the way we were in an accident and stopped to pick up countless standing room only passengers, and even a few chickens. but nothing dampened my excitement for setting off on the annapurna circuit. not even finding out that the guy who arranged my guide had lied to me. my guide said in no uncertain terms, that he would not carry anything for me, because 'i am a guide now. i used to be a porter, but not anymore.' what a start to a beautiful trip. but honestly, i did not let any of this get me down. i picked up my pack and we set off and a brisk pace. we only had a few hours of daylight left after disembarking from the bus.

really, the first day was uneventful. we walked along a dirt road, that to me looked undriveable, but the nepalis must have a different definition for that word that me. about 2.5 hours of walking left us in a quaint little town called bhulbule, so we checking into a teahouse/guesthouse with nothing built in 90* angles. every wall and floor was off square.

end day one.


twin girls i came across along the dirt road. just too cute.


the first of at least 50 suspension bridges along the way.,


the final view of the day (upper left in the clouds). it made my heart skip a beat.
this is what i came for, mountains piercing the sky.

No comments: