9.23.2008

annapurna cicuit day 3

day 3 began with my heels heavily taped and me being very unsure of my fitness level. had i really become that out of shape? no. after this day i became stronger by the day, until my guide was telling me to slow down, and then unable to keep up with me. i did indeed finally learn the moral of the fable about the hare and the tortoise though. slow and steady.

with every passing kilometer the forests grew thicker and were filled with more birds and animals. though i saw few, the sounds of monkeys and birds echoed on the valley walls. it was a spectacular day.


these porters would lug up to 80 kilos on their heads through the
mountains so that i could, if i so chose, eat a snickers anytime.

i told you they would become ubiquitous. but still so beautiful.

we came up and over a little pass and the waterfalls gave way to a verdant valley with a meandering glacial river, near the town tal.

No comments: